Re: Calling all Server Gurus

From: <eswar_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 06:22:57 GMT

Hi

If it personal Oracle. You have to start the database.

If it is on NT then go to control panale and start all the services.

You can also test it whether the 127.0.0.1 is working properly. You can do this go to c:\windows> ping 127.0.0.1 if it is responding it is OK otherwise try to check your TCP settings. (Also check your ODBC drivers if it is a Personal Oracle)

Then you can log in to SQL Plus using SCOTT and tiger. If you are planning to work on the defalut Database/ Instance which is ORCL I don't think you need to configure the tnsnames.ora. Any way network files will be located in Oracl_home\network\admin directory. (Caution plase keep a copy of this files before you are editing any thing manually, so that even if any thing goes wrong you can copy back)

Regards

Eswar