Re: Restoration Case....

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:14:28 GMT

Are you running in ARCHIVELOG mode ? Do you have a copy of the current control file ? Do you have all the archive logs ? If you are not in ARCHIVELOG mode you can only restore the cold backup and restart from that point. ( You cannot recover to the point in time of failure. ) If you are in ARCHIVELOG mode, make sure you don't copy back the online redo logs. Copy the datafiles and the current controlfile. If you don't have the current controlfile then use the one you backed up but recover with the 'using backup controlfile' clause.

Denny