Re: Oracle on NT vs Oracle on Linux

From: herbert.fukerider <herbert.fukerider_at_rnf.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:20:40 +0100

T. J. wrote:

> Has anyone done any performance comparison of Oracle under these two OS,
> holding hardware constant?
>
> thanks
> thomas

Hello,
there was an interesting articel the last issue of iX-Magazin. As this article is not available online, (www.heise.de -> iX-magazin), send me your fax-number and I will provide you with that information, (written in german) or contact www.heise.de for an english version. Results:
linux is far more scaleable.
If you use 8 instead of 4 processors, performance will scale up ba 90%. If you do that with NT, you will hardly notice it.

Herbert Fukerider
email: Herbert.Fukerider_at_rfn.de Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 07:20:40 CST