Re: Import time taking so long <<<===============================================================

From: <ashishs_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:43:17 GMT

To speed up the import.

  1. Export the source data without indexes and constraints.
  2. Create script to recreate indexes, primary keys and foreign keys in destination database.
  3. Drop indexes in destination database.
  4. Disable primary key, foreign key contraints in destination database.
  5. Disable the database triggers.
  6. Import the data.
  7. Enable the database triggers.
  8. Recreate indexes using the earlier script.
  9. Recreate primary key and foreign keys.

Hope this helps.
Ashish