Install problems Linux and Oracle 8.05

From: Howard N Davis <hndavis_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:49:10 -0500

Help...
I am new to Oracle so I may have out something basic.

I am having a linking problem in the install script. when it is linking tnslnr it fails giving me this message " file -lnsl not found".

These are are steps I took,

1.  Downloaded 8.05 from oracle
2.  Downed and installed glibc 2.0.7
3.  Ran the Oracle Install scripts.

Am I missing something. I don't link any link works when I try to install it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Howard Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 14:49:10 CST