Help! Simple Oracle Question!

From: Vipul Desai <desai65_at_ixnetcom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:33:33 -0800

I am a new user to Oracle 8.05 coming from a Visual Basic/SQL Server background. I am trying to create a template for a table within SQL Plus and I run the following command from my script. I am have trouble a table whereby my script is crashing with the following code. The compiler is not liking the datatype Boolean, which to my understanding is a valid data type for the Oracle server. Can someone please help? Also, can someone tell me whether or not I can put this into a PL/SQL procedure. I am having trouble with this as well. Thanks, Vipul

CREATE TABLE COLLAPSED (
   STUDY_NUM_DATE VARCHAR2(15),
   STUDY_NUM_DATE VARCHAR2(10),
   LOGISTIC_NUM VARCHAR2(15),
   SUBMIT_NAME VARCHAR2(25),
   STUDY_DATE DATE,
   LOT_NUM VARCHAR2(25),
   AUDIT_REQUESTED BOOLEAN,
   CHEMIST_NAME VARCHAR(25),
   DATE_GIVEN_TO_CHEMIST DATE,
   DATE_REPORTED_TO_CHEMIST DATE,
   FINISH_DATE DATE,
   PULL_DATE DATE,
   AUDIT_DATE DATE) ; Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 14:33:33 CST