Re: Oracle dba certification

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:48:32 +0000

Paul Sellars wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking of doing the OCP-DBA exams. Does anybody have any views on the
> usefulness
> of this qualification.

Well, it can't do you any harm. Most people I've spoken to (agencies/employers) quite rate it.

> Also, I got a free cd with an Oracle DBA book. It is the New Riders Topscore
> OCP-DBA test exams.
> Does anybody know if these are realistic i.e. anything like the real thing?
>
> Thanks for any info
>
> Paul Sellars
> paul_at_psellars.freeserve.co.uk

As someone pointed out, get the papers off the Oracle site (the cut-down STS ones). They are very close to the format and style of the real thing.

I used the Oracle documentation and the Oracle DBA Certification guide and found that was more than enough. Did the five exams one a week over five weeks. Enjoyed it too.

Steve Phelan

(Oracle 7 & 8 OCP) Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 05:48:32 CST