Re: Checking a package for modifications

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:54:36 +0000

In article <7alpjs$96k$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, Fernando <fnantes_at_hotmail.com> writes
>What I'm looking for is a way to find out if a package was modified without
>having to compare the source code for differences. A checksum or something
>like that. I've browsed the whole documentation and didn't find anything that
>I could use, any ideas?

I suffered similar paranoia about the DDL timestamp, can't remember why now, but I wrote a simple checksum procedure and stored the results to check on later.
Steve
p.s
the routine belongs to my employer so I can't share it, sorry. --
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Sat Feb 20 1999 - 16:54:36 CST