Re: Help me - in install OWS4.0 (NT)

From: <nettmaster_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:01:18 GMT

In article <36CBAA67.E0B32BEA_at_usa.net>,   Iurie Jigalov <Zhigalov.Yuri_at_usa.net> wrote:
> Please I can not install Oracle App Server 4.0 on NT.
>
> I was trying for a couple of hours but all time during the start nodes
> in Oracle App Server Manager I have a message:
> "Please wait while the command is being processed on host sonata ...
> Starting ORB processes...
> Returning filename E:\orant.40\orb\admin\.event
> waiting for ORB to be ready...
> ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...
> OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb
> processes
> can not be started."
>
> And during computer reboot I have messave on NT event: "
> The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Oracle_Web_Listener )
> could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
> Listening on NORM port 80 address 0.0.0.0."
>
> Thank you very much,
> Please reply to me directly:
> Zhigalov.Yuri_at_usa.net

Hi there-

It sounds like you may have a problem with DNS. (I had the same problem). When you install the App Server software, make sure that you fill out the host/network identification properly, and that the host name on the machine can be resolved into an IP address.

Personally, I have the App server installed on an NT 4 Server laptop that connects onto multiple networks, receiving an IP address via DHCP. This can cause problems when trying to startup or shutdown the App Server, so I've installed Microsoft's DNS Server onto the box, and the only entry it has in it is the local machine, and it resolves to the loopback address of 127.0.0.1. I've also placed 127.0.0.1 as the first DNS Server entry in my TCP/IP protocol setup. While this may or may not work for you, it has fixed the problem for me.

If you need any clarification, feel free to contact me via email.

Good luck.

:)

...jeff

jeff grant, it manager, nettwerk productions http://www.nettwerk.com http://www.nettweb.com mailto:nettmaster_at_my-dejanews.com