Re: Control files : number and location ?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:43:54 +0000

Make a *separate* directory on the C drive for the Oracle stuff. Put a control file in there and a mirror of your online redo log. Also write your archive logs to this disk if you are running in archive log mode and hope to perform any form of recovery - as you haven't got a chance with your current set-up (apart from a full restore up to the point you did your last full backup to tape).

I'd really recommend getting a few more drives, though. Monitor your disks to chart their I/O.

Oh, and don't forget to backup this new C directory as part of your Oracle D drive backup!

Steve Phelan.

(Oracle 7 & 8 OCP).