Snapshot

From: Julia Cristina Varela de Montoya <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Feb 1999 01:28:23 GMT

    Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether using a snapshot would be a viable way to backup a set of tables? We have a weekly batch process prior to which we'd like to afford our users the ability to backup the tables, in case something goes awry. We could then restore with scripts.

    The SQR (procedural code) to create the snapshot would drop and re-create it every time, ensuring fresh data, and that the snapshot table structure was identical to the master tables, in case they change. This would be the one and only time during it's life that it was refreshed (upon creation).

    Any potential problems someone could warn me a out?

Thanks.

Julia Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 19:28:23 CST