OCI8 questions about OCIErrorGet()

From: Kevin Boyes <kboyes_at_mpsrv3.multipath.com>
Date: 17 Feb 1999 19:06:38 -0500

I have a couple of questions about OCI8 OCIErrorGet() function.

From the description in [1] on pp. 13-40:   "This function can be called multiple times if there are more    than one diagnostic record for an error"

How does this work?
The following is a guess but how do you know when to stop the while loop? When should we loop to get the messages?   For any return status other than OCI_SUCCESS?

ub4 recordno = 1;
sb4 errc;
text errb[BUFSIZ];
ub4 errbs = sizeof errb;

while (

    OCIErrorGet(errhp, recordno++, NULL, &errc, errb, errbs, OCI_HTYPE_ERROR)

Also, is there anywhere I can see the possible code returned in 'errc'? Are there #define's for these codes?

[1] "Programmer's Guide to the Oracle Call Interface", Release 8.0

Many Thanks,
Kevin.

Kevin Boyes                kboyes_at_stardata.ca
                           Star Data Systems Inc.