Re: Permission denied when assigning a port

From: <nettmaster_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:49:46 GMT

You need to have root permission to allocate any port (I believe) 1024 or less. On the version of OWAS 3 that I was running, there wasn't a setuid in place on the owsctl command, so it had to be run as root.

Try that.

...jeff

jeff grant, it manager, nettwerk productions http://www.nettwerk.com http://www.nettweb.com mailto:nettmaster_at_my-dejanews.com