Re: Trying to Install 7.3.4 database on a Solaris

From: Rüdiger J. Schulz <r.schulz_at_berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:26:49 +0000

At the installation time (7.3.4.) I had the same problem. I solved this by adding the following into the /etc/system - file as root-user:

set shmsys: shminfo_shmmax = 8388608

set shmsys: shminfo_shmmin = 1* Begin MDD root info (do not edit)
set shmsys: shminfo_shmseg = 10
set semsys: seminfo_semmns = 200
set semsys: seminfo_semmni = 70

these are the entrys recommended by oracle after insert this, reboot the machine and then try to install oracle

greetings
Rüdiger J. Schulz