Re: ORA-00600 error

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:51:31 GMT

There is a bug report...Here is what the Oracle Support Knowledge base says: :

Subject: Re : ORA 00600[15419][Severe error during PLSQL execution] Posted on: 21 Sep 1998 11:39:31
This looks like bug 616401, however that was to have been corrected in patch 7.3.3.5.1. Does this happen with a bunch of packages? or just one? Does it happen on packages using PLSQL tables of type RECORD?

Try the following

alter session set events = '10928 trace name context level 1';

and reproduce this error. This should generate a trace file at the PLSQL level that will help identify the problem.

Ken - Oracle Support

Hope it helps.....

ian_chambers_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Evening all
>
>I'm getting an error from PL/SQL when executing code that loops over
>a fairly large table (100,000 rows) loading around 20 rows at a time
>into a PL/SQL table, then overwriting those 20 with the next 20 or so.
>
>Each time it reaches the '20 or so' it calls a sub-routine to do some
>processing on the PL/SQL table (it is passed as a parameter). The '20 or so'
>is the number of transactions for a particular person, so it can vary from
>0 to 100ish.
>
>The error follows. Does anyone recognise the numbers as representing
>a problem with anything in particular (memory management, cursor limits, etc)?
>
>I'll be raising this with Oracle, but could do with a speedy turn around.
>Some idea as to what causes it might allow me to redesign the code and
>skip around the error.
>
>Thanks for listening.
>
>IanC
>
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15419], [severe error during
>PL/SQL
>ORA-06544: PL/SQL: internal error, arguments: [78278], [], [], [], [], [],
>[],
>[]
>ORA-06553: PLS-801: internal error [78278]

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 12:51:31 CST