ORA-00600 error

From: <ian_chambers_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:02:24 GMT

Evening all

I'm getting an error from PL/SQL when executing code that loops over a fairly large table (100,000 rows) loading around 20 rows at a time into a PL/SQL table, then overwriting those 20 with the next 20 or so.

Each time it reaches the '20 or so' it calls a sub-routine to do some processing on the PL/SQL table (it is passed as a parameter). The '20 or so' is the number of transactions for a particular person, so it can vary from 0 to 100ish.

The error follows. Does anyone recognise the numbers as representing a problem with anything in particular (memory management, cursor limits, etc)?

I'll be raising this with Oracle, but could do with a speedy turn around. Some idea as to what causes it might allow me to redesign the code and skip around the error.

Thanks for listening.

IanC

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15419], [severe error during PL/SQL
ORA-06544: PL/SQL: internal error, arguments: [78278], [], [], [], [], [],
[],
[]

ORA-06553: PLS-801: internal error [78278]