Re: Sizing Rollbacks segments

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:41:03 -0000

Mark,

This is the second time you have made this statement in the group, and it is simply NOT TRUE. Do you have any evidence, or demonstration program that you can quote which makes you think that it might be true.

RBS (or undo) consists only of a series of (reverse-)change vectors, as far as I know there is NEVER any need for Oracle to copy any entire datablock into the RBS.

Jonathan Lewis

mark.powell_at_eds.com wrote in message <79s6mn$j08$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> The first time you
delete or change a