Re: Oracle 8 on Netware 5

From: Jarek Palka <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:09:28 +0100

>We often get the error-message on the server-console
>"unable to read config.ora after 600 tries"
>we have to stop oracle, shut down the server
>and start newly.
>The file "config.ora" is in sys:system and in oracle8\nlm
>and in oracle8\net80\cfg.
>
>Thanks for your help
>Michael Lang

We have similar problem. On our Netware 4.1 we get this error when there was NWDBM80.NLM loaded (Oracle Administrator for Netware). Probably such modules open CONFIG.ORA in exclusive mode and other modules (i.e PLUS80.NLM) cannot read configuration file.

Jarek Palka
Katowice, Poland Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 02:09:28 CST