Re: Oracle and Linux minimum configuration

From: <alcyone82_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 15:33:29 GMT

In article <36BD9870.A3D16741_at_club-internet.fr>,   yannickk <yannickk_at_club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Does anyone have some experience with Oracle+Linux on small and cheap
> configuration (P200 to PII 300 for example).
> The idea is to give to our clients cheap "blackbox" pre-installed or to
> use an existing machine.
>
> Thanx

I have setup an older Pentium-150 running Linux (Red Hat 5.1, 2.0.35 kernel) with 96mb of RAM and 9.6 gigs of drive space. I use it as a webserver / development machine running Oracle8. It runs fine, and Oracle seems perfectly content running on Linux.

-Dave
 DB Development Consultant
 http://www.dpulaski.net