Re: NLS_LANG help !!!

From: Collin Leung <collinl_at_vtc.edu.hk>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:11:39 +0800

I think you used the default character set when you created database.
If you want to store the non-English character, you should define the character
set that you want when you create database.

David Novo wrote:

In Solaris 2.6 with Oracle 8.0.4:
I need to connect to my database by sqlplus without NLS_LANG=SPANISH_SPAIN.
I update the nls_database_parameters by :
update sys.prop$ set value$='....' where name='....';
The nls_instance_parameters are also SPANISH_SPAIN and select
userenv('LANGUAGE') from dual; is also SPANISH_SPAIN.we8dec

Why I can´t see the spanish caracters without NLS_LANG=SPANISH_SPAIN by
sqlplus.??
Maybe seem a trouble language of S.O.??

Any body can help me , how I connect without NLS_LANG and see the spanish
characters ??

David