Re: Oracle - WinNT 4.0 Install problem

From: Dirk Rottmar <rottmar_at_deutschland.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:34:42 +0100

Alex J wrote:

> I need to install Oracle 8 on a PC. I have attempted to install WinNt 4.0
> and continually get
>
> STOP : Blah Blah.....
>
> INACCESSABLE-BOOT-DEVICE ERROR during the install.
>
> I have tried several IDE and/or SCSI Devices.
>
> Disks have been formatted, partitioned etc. I'm reasonably sure disk
> problems can be ruled out.
>
> Anyone know what this is all about and how to resolve it? Or what group may
> be a more appropriate
> for the problem.

Hi,

this sounds strange (if you say, that ...disk problems can be rules out...).

First, Look at...

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/tais/csd/support/issues/98100017.htm http://www.ntsecrets.com/info/problems.htm

Second, I would recommend to put out ALL peripheral cards Soundcard, Networking etc...just leave your graphics adapter in your computer during installation - nothing else. If you are lucky, it will work then - if yes, put them into your computer after installation.

Hope it helps

Dirk Received on Mon Feb 08 1999 - 03:34:42 CST