Re: Export data (a student's question)

From: <eswar_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 10:00:24 GMT

Hi

If you are using Access 97 it is very easy to export the data into Access.

what you have to do is

Step 1: create one access database

step 2 : Create a Machine datasource pointing to Oracle driver

step 3: now go to get external data option (you can import or link the table)

step4 : after step 3 choose in files of types as ODBC database

Step 5 : You will get select Data source page in that go to Machine data soucrce option and choose the name you have given in step 2.

step 6 : It will prompt for the username and password

Stp 7 : Then it show you the tables avilable in the database (You can choose)

Step 8 : select the table you want to import to Access and press ok . It will export the data to the database of access you are created in step 1.

Eswar