Re: Export data (a student's question)

From: Manmohan Mann <m.s.mann_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 10 Feb 1999 02:47:11 GMT

Hi,

I am writing without looking up all the necessary syntax, so I might be off a bit. The SQL*PLUS User's Guide and Reference manual has all the details. (If you have a copy handy)

I don't know how all the settings needed, but...

How long is the output line in the ascii file? I believe SQL*PLUS defaults to 80.

To adjust for that you need the SET LINESIZE <number> command.

To remove page breaks, you need two commands: set newpage 0 and set pagesize 0.

To remove Headings, you would need: set heading off

To remove the message at the end, telling you how many rows were selected: set feedback off

Issue these commands BEFORE you issue the spool command.

I can't help you with the ACCESS problem, since I don't know ACCESS that well.

Hope this helps,

Manmohan