Re: Cluster aware

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:54:20 +0100

Hi Paul,

Assuming the clusterserver is two systems sharing one set of disks, you will need some extra products
- Microsoft Cluster Server
- Oracle Failsafe
on top of
Oracle 7.3.4

The Microsoft Cluster Server I have seen one week ago is version 1.0 build 224. We didn't manage to get it working with Oracle Failsafe. It appeared whatever we did to configure cluster server created phantom cluster servers in the domain we were running in, and as soon as we tried to get Oracle Failsafe running this failed on us because of this configuration problem (most likely) I would be interested to receive any followup from you!

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA