Re: Newbie to Oracle Server, HELP

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:47:53 GMT

Not to be rude, but the reason Oracle includes documentation is that you need to read it.....Oracle is too complex to learn by doing ( mostly ) so....

Sorry, but there is no free lunch ( at least no one that has any flavor)

"PhuCka" <bmoney_at_bc.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hey guys
>
>I have just recently installed Oracle V8 for Windows 95/NT and I have no
>idea how to start a login or basically begin using the program. I am a
>student taking database but I would like to learn more about Oracle as
>opposed to just MS SQL Server (basically the only database my school
>covers). I am familiar with most relational database concepts and SQL, and
>also PL/SQL.
>
>Could somebody please respond to this and let me know how to configure
>Oracle 8 so I can get it started? I would be most thankful for any
>ItsSoOn_at_hotmail.com
>
>Thanks
>
>Vince

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 11:47:53 CST