Re: sqlplus small doubt

From: Alex Hudghton <alex.hudghton_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:13:02 +0000

Not only in the archives but also in Oracle 8 SQL Reference manual

Oracle provides shortcuts for specifying groups of system privileges and statement options at once. However, Oracle encourages you to choose individual system privileges and statement options for auditing, because these shortcuts may not be supported in future versions of Oracle. The shortcuts are follows:

 CONNECT

                  is equivalent to specifying the CREATE SESSION system
privilege.
 RESOURCE
                  is equivalent to specifying the following system privileges:

                       ALTER SESSION
                       CREATE CLUSTER
                       CREATE DATABASE LINK
                       CREATE PROCEDURE
                       CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT
                       CREATE SEQUENCE
                       CREATE SYNONYM
                       CREATE TABLE
                       CREATE TABLESPACE
                       CREATE VIEW

 DBA
                  is equivalent to the SYSTEM GRANT statement option and the
following system privileges:
                       AUDIT SYSTEM
                       CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK
                       CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM