HNC Distributed Database assignment HELP!!!

From: Stephen Bass <spb_at_nospam.valsparcoates.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:37:05 GMT

To Anyone that can help.

The following task has been laid out for me: -

'Has the mainframe had its day? For all the talk of the client-server revolution reports on users who have moved from large systems are scarce.

Through your own personal experience and or from Computer Journals, fully describe the factors, which must be taken into account when an organisation decentralises its databases.

Some of the factors, which should be taken into account, are the business, personnel, hardware, software and security issues, which are effected.'

Could anyone please give me some guidance or info on the above matter.

any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve.

My e-mail address is as follows:
spb_at_no-spam.valsparcoates.co.uk

Please remove the no-spam. to reply.

Remove nospam from address to reply Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 04:37:05 CST