OLE DB Problem with Oracle Database..Help

From: Vick Soulios <vick_at_opera.iinet.net.au>
Date: 29 Jan 1999 10:21:02 GMT

Hi,

I've created a very simple OLE DB Appwizard Application that connects to an Oracle Database.

The Record set that the wizard created basically looks like this:

struct CDEBT
{

  DB_NUMERIC		m_DEBT_NO;
  char                            m_DEBT_NAME;
} m_debt;

The COLUMN ENTRY Structure looks like this:

BEGIN_COLUMN_MAP(...)
   COLUMN_ENTRY_PS(1, 6, 0, m_debt.m_DEBT_NO)    COLUMN_ENTRY_TYPE(2, DBTYPE_STR, m_debt.m_DEBT_NAME) END_COLUMN_MAP() The problem is when I scroll through the record set and view the data in the debugger (Please Note: I have not added any modifications at all. I am simply running the program as is! from the appwiard generation) m_DEBT_NAME has the debtors name, but m_DEBT_NO does not have a debt no in it. It has a whole heap of garbage in the value field (a basic debt number is 323444) Its in the table, but when I try and read it the 'val' variable in the DB_NUMERIC structure contains crap. Do I need to convert the DB_NUMERIC structure somehow?

Stats: Oracle8 Server, Visual C++ 6.0.

Thanks in advance...

Vick Soulios Received on Fri Jan 29 1999 - 04:21:02 CST