Need Help Encrypting Data

From: mmarvin <mmarvin_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:59:43 GMT

Hello All,

    I'm need to know how does one go about encrypting sensitive information in a database so that only those who have right's to view can see the sensitive information.

    We have Oracle7 for Workgroups on an AIX server. So I guess all the Oracle8 features wont do us any good for what we want to do.

If we wanted to store credit card numbers, for example, in a table with other information, how can we have the credit card field encrypted and the others not?

Thanks, M. Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 22:59:43 CST