Re: .ORA files -- can one import from them???

From: Kai Horstmann <horst_at_werum.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:37:34 +0100

Brian R. Aust schrieb:

> Our Oracle Instance got fried last night, and we keep getting the
> We really need to access the tables in a certain schema of that instance,
> which is held in a file called "pdl.ora".
>
> We cannot start up our original oracle instance -- is there ANY WAY to
> import or otherwise access those data tables in that offline .ORA

Hi Brian
You din't say, which message Oracle reported last in it's instance log file.

But that sounds like a complete crash and you don't seem to use the Db in ARCHIVELOG mode.

With normal possibilities of an ordinary Oracle user, I'm afraid, you can forget your schema and it's data, unless you have a offline backup somewhere (with old data of course).

You only can open an Oracle database if all data files and the control files are consistent and available.

Afraid that doesn't help
Kai Received on Wed Jan 27 1999 - 17:37:34 CST