.ORA files -- can one import from them???

From: Brian R. Aust <aust_at_cs.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:00:37 -0500

Our Oracle Instance got fried last night, and we keep getting the ORA-00472 PMON Process Terminated With Error.

We really need to access the tables in a certain schema of that instance, which is held in a file called "pdl.ora".

If I try to link this .ora file in with a different Oracle server, it yells that the file isn't part of the database and fails verification check.

We cannot start up our original oracle instance -- is there ANY WAY to import or otherwise access those data tables in that offline .ORA file in another Oracle instance?? With an IMPORT function or something like that??

I've tried renaming the datafiles, and I've tried recovering datafiles, but if I try to slip in that .ORA file I need, it yells that it fails verification.

What should I do??

Thanks much,
Brian Aust Received on Wed Jan 27 1999 - 14:00:37 CST