Re: HELP with views

From: Vadim Tropasko <vtropash_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:02:33 -0800

Basically, Oracle 8 is not able to update a view whenever there is an ambiguity of the update result. Relational join is an example of such an ambuguity. In such a case you could write INSTEAD OF trigger where you'll need to code your view update.

As I'm unfamiliar with SQL server 7.0, I'm surprised to know that it updates complicated views...

Missed semicolon is often the reason behind problems like your second one.