Oracle 8.0.4 Backup from Raw Volumes

From: Allan Heekes <heekes_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:56:04 +0200

Hi there,

I am looking for some assistance. I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on a Sun Server running Solaris 2.6. The database's have already been created and the datafiles are on Raw Volumes. The server will be running in High Availability Mode, 24x7 so I will have to do hot backups.

  1. Is it possible to have a large Raw Volume with multiple datafiles ?
  2. How do you backup raw volumes ?

I donot want to use the export utility due to the High Availabilty Option. If anyone has experience, ideas or any documentation that you could point me to on the web it would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

Allan

heekes_at_iafrica.com Received on Mon Jan 25 1999 - 05:56:04 CST