Re: Oracle 8.0.4 Backup from Raw Volumes

From: Rob Medley <medleyrk_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:05:54 +0200

Hi Allan

We are running Oracle8 Parallel Server on Digital Unix. We are doing hot backups that use the Unix utility dd. All seems to be working well and we have recovered succesfully on at least one occasion.
Since we seem to be in the same country, feel free to give me a call. (031) 361 7994.

Rob Medley
medleyrk_at_iafrica.com