Re: EXPORT/IMPORT - Restoring Users' Schemas

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 99 20:20:44 GMT

If the export dmp was taken as full=y, then the create user statements for all existing users should be present in the file and should be imported via the import with full=y.

However if you are doing a fromuser import then you will need to extract the create user statements from the full export file (which can be a rows=n type) place a ';' at the end of each line and run it as an sql script via sqlplus. I would suggest an awk to add the semi-colon, and you cannot use vi to edit the dmp file (textedit or pfe32 will work).

In article <36A90785.5A87_at_nospam.ln.ssw.abbott.com>, graham.thornton_at_nospam.ln.ssw.abbott.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I need to restore about 1200 users from a EXPORT dump file -
>complete with schema, tables, indexes etc.

Snipped text here