EXPORT/IMPORT - Restoring Users' Schemas

From: Graham Thornton <graham.thornton_at_nospam.ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:19:33 -0600

Hello,

I need to restore about 1200 users from a EXPORT dump file - complete with schema, tables, indexes etc.

Trouble is, I keep getting this message....

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1435:  "ALTER SCHEMA = "GRAHAM""
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1435 encountered ORA-01435: user does not exist

Is there a way to force IMPORT to create the user on-the-fly, or do I need to create a separate script to create all of my users before-hand? If so, is there a way to restore their old passwords?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Graham. Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 17:19:33 CST