Re: In which tables the trace data is stored for a sql trace ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:38:57 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Paul Martin" <prmartin_at_bluwin.ch> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:16:28 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello
>
>Could any one tell me in which tables the trace data is stored for a sql
>trace. I'm espically interested in the elapsed query time and processor
>time.

if you are talking about setting timed_statistics = true and sql_trace = true, this query trace information is not stored in the database but in trace files in the file system on the server. specifically, the trace files will be in the directory specified by the user_dump_dest.

once these files are there, you would use tkprof (a command line tool) to generate the report you want with the elapsed and cpu times.

>Sincerly
>
>Paul Martin
>prmartin_at_bluewin.ch

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Jan 23 1999 - 09:38:57 CST