Re: Oracle 8.0.4 and date corruption

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:31:01 -0000

It has been possible with earlier versions of Oracle to push illegal values into date columns using Pro*C/OCI.

The problem was usually a program setting a bind variable type to an internal date type (12 I think) which bypassed the normal validation.

Perhaps this has happened in your case.

Jonathan Lewis