Re: 2 listener services

From: Prasad Chavali <pchavali_at_assettech.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:41:24 -0700

OracleTNSListener is the Listener process for SQL*Net 2.X and OracleTNSListener is the Listener process for Net 8.0. Depending on which client is trying to connect to the database you want have the appropriate listener started. If you want both listeners running at the same time, you need to rename one of them to something other than "LISTENER". You can use Net 8 Assistant tool on NT to create a new Listener80 with a different name.

HTH Prasad Chavali