Re: How to drop Datafile from Tablespace?

From: John Koo <johnkoo_at_i-wave.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:17:43 +0000

Adrian Harrison wrote:

> Had to add several datafiles to an existing Tablespace for testing reasons!
>
> Can't find how to remove them! - I don't want to have to drop the tablespace itself!
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks
>
> A.H

Just want to let you know there is NO WAY to drop an added datafile from a tablespace. If you don't believe then go to check the ALTER TABLESPACE syntax. What you ARE SUPPOSED to do is to create a temporary-used tablespace for testing and then dropped it completely after use. Get it ?

John Koo
johnkoo_at_i-wave.net Received on Wed Jan 20 1999 - 07:17:43 CST