Re: Oracle 8 and memory on NT --reboot?

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:37:39 -0800

I have customers running Oracle on NT that have to reboot daily and some that can go a month with out a reboot. Why? I have not been able to figure that one out. I even have one site with two different NT machines with the same hardware (major vendor), same rev of Oracle, same rev of the OS (NT 4 sp 4); neither one is a PDC or a BDC or a print server or a Web server and same basic database structure and similar numbers of users and one machine is slow and needs rebooting to speed it up (no evidence of memory leaks - not swapping and plenty of free ram) and the other is fine. It is probably some subtle registry setting somewhere that is killing one of the machines but not the other. (binaries are the same)

That is not a refuation of your statements, but in the NT world inconsistancy is the one constant things it seems.

Jim

dperez_at_juno_nospam.com wrote in message <36a28ff4.174402751_at_news.cwix.com>...
>On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:00:37 -0600, charlesm1NOSPAM_at_rocketmail.com (Charles
M)