Re: Oracle 8 and memory on NT --reboot?

From: Stephen Tenberg <STenberg_at_fcs-usa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:45:24 GMT

My experience with NT servers running Oracle is that we reboot about once a month. Perhaps I am having a better experience because we strictly limit access to the console and disallow running *any* other software on the server.

In that pure environment of just NT and Oracle, we just don't see much of a leakage problem. The memory usage does tend to grow (as cache pools expand, I would assume) but it seems to level off after about a week and stay at the same point after that.

We just reboot once a month as it is good policy, but don't seemed to be forced to.

Steve