Re: Oracle 7.3 and Year 2000

From: Patrick Nobels <patrick.nobels_at_ping.be>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:52:03 +0100

The reason for this behaviour is the YYYY format, if you enter a date in dd-mon-yy format and the database format receiving this date is yyyy it automatically puts the ACTUAL century in the leading 2 yyyy digits.

This could cause some problems during the cenrury transition period.

You have two solutions :

  1. You force date entry in 4 digits and set your input mask to the same YYYY as the database format. In this case you can not allow input in yy format.
  2. You use the RR format wich does a century calculation.I don't know the exact algoritm but it's something like YY >50 => Actual century YY<50 next century. I consider this to be a workaround . It's a solution that probably will work fine for 20 to 30 years.

Merlin Team heeft geschreven in bericht <774i0l$fr1$1_at_news1.cableinet.co.uk>...