Oracle 7.3 and Year 2000

From: Merlin Team <merlin_team_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:07:36 -0000

Hi,

I have encountered a problem whilst attempting to enter dates in the format dd-mon-yy into my database.

The database server was configured using the default settings i.e American language set. When I query nls_parameters the date format is shown as dd-mon-yy.

Using sql*loader I insert the data into a date field and it appears to display fine. If I use the alter session command to set the nls_date_format to dd-mon-yyyy any dates that have the year set as 00 or greater display as 1900, 1901 etc.

Can anybody suggest what I need to do to get the data accepted as 2000, 2001 etc. Ideal the solution should be set in the initialisation file.

Thanks

Paul
paul_merlin_at_hotmail.com Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 03:07:36 CST