Re: Migrate to 8.05!

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:50:27 +0100

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 6:42:24 +0100, Yeung Man wrote (in message <77k09i$ojp10_at_news.hk.linkage.net>):

> Hi,
>
> Our company want to migrate the database from 7.3.2.3 to 8.05. I know
> there are two method to migrate. One is full database export/import,
> another is using the migration assistant provided by oracle. Is there any
> other method? What is the adv/disadv of these two method? We don't decide
> use which method now, please give some comment on these two method. TIA.
>
> Best Regards, Man ynmg_at_chowsangsang.com

Up until now I prefer exp/imp. The time needed for this is very predictable. If you use US7ASCII you can run the migration utility using the installer. Otherwise you have to do it manually. An other reason for me to opt for exp/imp.

--

Ronald  -  Unix SA               http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/professional.html

        -  Oracle DBA            http://www.tresco.nl
        -  Middleware programmer/