Re: Table Unload?...

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:20:19 -0800

Chris

There are a couple of approaches that can be taken to unload Oracle data:

  1. Oracle's Export utility creates a binary file that is only readable by Oracle's import utility, as earlier stated by others.
  2. From SQL*Plus, you can run a script that does something like this:

set heading off feedback off echo off verify off scan off pagesize 0 (there may be some others necessary that I can't remember off the top of my head) spool table_output.log
select * from table_you_want_unloaded;
spool off

3. If there are lots of tables to do, you can use SQL to generate the SQL needed to produce the script in answer 2 for multiple tables

4. There are a number of databases that you can connect to via ODBC which can then either access Oracle via ODBC or vice versa

5. You could use replication technology if you want to get really complex.

Hope this helps

Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager            Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education               (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA