Re: ORA-07279 using ORACLE 8.0.5 and HPUX 10.20, semaphore set error

From: <nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:57:13 GMT

Steve:

Bear with me, I have a cold and I don't have my notes. Search this group for my article on Oracle on NT vs. Solaris.

There are three semaphore parameters that are interrelated. The first is the number of semaphore sets, the second is the number of semaphores/set, and the third, and this is the kicker, is the total number of semaphores in the system, which must be the multiple of the first two. If your total semaphores is less than the number of semaphores in each set HP UX won't be able to even create the first semaphore set.

Take care, e-mail me if my reply is too confused to make sense out of.

Nigel