Re: How to restore a controlfile ?

From: Vimal <vthangavel_at_lucent.com>
Date: 12 Jan 1999 20:14:57 GMT

Hi,

If you remember the list of data and log files then you can create new control file at startup no mount option.

once you created the new control file then start the database (after taking the backup)

vimal

Alex Hudghton <alex.hudghton_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote in article <369B7970.B17E3871_at_capgemini.co.uk>...
> Then I think you will have to restore the entire database and recover it
from
> archive logs (you do have archiving on???) unless anyone knows a
differant way
> (?).
>
> Alex
>
> Xavier Gabalda wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I would like it !.
> > I dont have two controlfiles in the database. I only have one. I have a
good
> > version of it in the restored backup of last week.
> >
> > Thankt you. Alex.
> >
> > Alex Hudghton escribió en mensaje

<369B5892.E09A13EF_at_capgemini.co.uk>...