Re: ORA-12203

From: James Bedster <gcf17_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 21:05:29 GMT

I'd just like to point out that a TNS-12203 error doesn't necessarily mean that there's a problem with the TNSNAMES.ORA file. I'm getting this error when I try to do 16 bit SQLNET connection to a remote database from my Windows 98 desktop. The strange thing is that I have no problem connecting with 32 bit SQLNET. I've read ALL the documentation I can find including a trawl through MetalLink. I KNOW that my config files are Ok becuase they're copies of those from another machine. My theory is that in upgrading to Win98 I have now installed a Winsock that is incompatible with 16 bit SQLNET. If anyone has any suggestions I'd sure like to know.

Thanks

James