Access97 (NT4.0) ODBC to Oracle8.04

From: Adrian Costea <adrian_costea_at_dbna.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 13:24:30 -0500

Hi Oraclers,

        I would appreciate your input on a problem that I ran into. We are using an aplication which updates an Oracle8 (8.04) database from an Access97 database via an Oracle ODBc driver (8.044, I could not get the 8.04 to work). What happens is that after I link and open a couple of tables, or run queries from Access against the Oracle database, Access at some point hangs. Another interesting aspect is that there are several copies of Access running according to the Task Manager and they keep on chewing up memory. the only thing I can do at that point, is to reboot the system (there are potentially running copies of Access which are not displayed in the Task manager).

        Just as a coment, right now Microsoft do not have an ODBC driver for Oracle8, from what I know, so I had to go Oracle for ODBC.

Is anyone out there trying to run a similar setup ?

thank you,
Adrian Costea Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 12:24:30 CST